The Lubbock Centennial 1909-2009 - presented by The Lubbock Avalanche-Journal
Untitled Document
Home
The AJ Remembers
City's Most Influential People
From the Pages of the A-J
Lubbock Landmarks
Centennial Quiz
A-J Readers Remember
Centennial News
Special Sections
1909-1933
1934-1958
1959-1983
1984-2008
Photo Galleries
Centennial Blog
Centennial Discussion

This week's Dirk West Cartoon



Special Section Print Version

Centennial Kick Off by Spotted The Lubbock Centennial Kick Off Celebration

 

 


Carlisle Community
Roscoe Wilson Elementary School, 2807 25th St., was constructed in 1939 as a grades 1-6 facility and consisted of eight classrooms for 270 students. It was named in honor of an early attorney in Lubbock who served as a member of the Lubbock Charter Commission and the Lubbock school board. Wilson was designated a minority magnet campus in 1984, offering Spanish, art, music and CIMA instruction for identified gifted-and-talented students. It was designated a humanities/fine arts magnet in 1994. Rock 'n' roll legend Buddy Holly began first grade at the school in 1943 and attended Wilson through the middle of the fifth grade, when his family moved outside the city limits.

Previous Lubbock Landmarks


The A-J Remembers The Most Important People in Lubbock's History
 
 


HOME / THE A-J REMEMBERS / CITY'S MOST INFLUENTIAL / THIS DAY IN HISTORY / HISTORICAL LANDMARKS / DID YOU KNOW / READERS REMEMBER / CENTENNIAL NEWS
SPECIAL SECTIONS: 1909-1933 / 1934-1958 / 1959-1983 / 1984-PRESENT | PRINT VERSION
PHOTO GALLERIES / BLOGS / FORUMS
CONTACT THE WEBMASTER

copyright 2008 THE LUBBOCK AVALANCHE-JOURNAL and LUBBOCKONLINE.COM