This colonial revival-style home at 19th Street and Boston Avenue was built in 1928 for cattleman Fred Snyder, who wanted his children to attend Lubbock schools and Texas Tech.
It was purchased by Dunlap’s executive Retha Martin in 1944, and then sold to Martin’s daughter and son-in-law, Callie and Dr. John Chalk, in 1964.
It was the site of many political and social events and represents a prolonged period of growth and prosperity in Lubbock’s history.
The home was purchased and restored in 2004 by banker Kirk McLaughlin, who named it “Rivendell.”
Read the Historical Marker
Previous Lubbock Landmarks