The Carlock Building was an art deco-style office building constructed in 1930 as the new Cotton Exchange Building.
Now the Carlock Building, it symbolizes the rapid growth of cotton production on the South Plains during the 1920s and the establishment of allied marketing and servicing organizations.
Cotton merchandising companies, headed by Charles Paul Carlock and Watson Carlock, have been continuous occupants of the building since 1930.
Read the Historical Marker
Previous Lubbock Landmarks