The English home, at 2809 19th St., was built for Dr. O.W. English, a Lubbock surgeon and early co-owner of West Texas Hospital. English practiced medicine in Lubbock for more than 50 years.
The Tudor Revival home was completed in 1938 from a design by W. L. Bradshaw, an architecture professor at Texas Tech.
Exposed half-timbering and steep gabled roofs are charactericts of the Tudor Revival style.
Handmade, oversized Mexican bricks were combined with special mortar to create the illusion of age.
Read the Historical Marker
Previous Lubbock Landmarks