The Howard/Green/Hayes home at 2801 19th St. is a Tudor Revival style built in 1928 for Mr. and Mrs. Louis Howard. William and Miriam Green bought the house in 1933.
William Green, president of Wilson State Bank, owned ranching and commercial property in Lynn and Lubbock counties. Miriam Green, who was a social and civic leader, lived in the home until 1978.
Dr. Jack and Jan Hayes purchased the home in 1983. Hayes taught at the Texas Tech School of Medicine.
Read the Historical Marker
Previous Lubbock Landmarks