This home at 3001 19th St. was built in 1932 for J.C. and Jewell Rigney. Because of the Depression, Fort Worth contractors the Knox Brothers were glad to come to Lubbock to build the $5,000 home.
It is a typical bungalow with gabled roof, broad eaves and inset porch. At the time the home was built, 19th Street was a narrow two-lane road and the house was on the western edge of town.
Rigney founded Rigney Auto Parts in 1928, and the company is still family owned. The Rigneys were active in Broadway Church of Christ. J.C. was a church elder and a founding member of the Lubbock Christian College board. Jewell was active in the LCC Associates.
Previous Lubbock Landmarks