The Watson home at 3003 19th St. was built in 1928 by J.E. Parker for J.M. Pytell.
It was purchased in 1931 by Mr. and Mrs. H.A. Watson. Watson, owner of Watson Furniture Co., moved to Lubbock because he wanted good educational facilities for his large family. He chose this house because of its size and close proximity to Texas Tech.
The Watsons’ seven children graduated from Lubbock High and Tech.
The home has been continuously occupied by members of the Watson family for more than 50 years.
Previous Lubbock Landmarks