The Bacon House at 1802 Broadway is a Neo-Classical style built in 1916 for Warren A. and Myrta Hunt Bacon.
Bacon, a successful businessman and civic leader, lived in Lubbock County from 1893 until his death in 1938.
Mrs. Bacon was the daughter of South Plains pioneer George M. Hunt, who settled in the Estacado community in 1884.
She lived in the house until her death in 1967 at age 89.
The Episcopal Diocese of Northwest Texas acquired the house in 1981.
Previous Lubbock Landmarks