The Bacon/Nislar/Napier Home, 2313 17th St., is a Tudor Revival-style house built in 1929 for L.C. Bacon of the Butler-Bacon Lumber Co.
The house was purchased in 1935 by J.N. Nislar, a partner in Nislar Hardware and Lubbock Implement Co. The Nislar brothers introduced power-driven farm implements to the South Plains.
Insurance agent T.W. Stoneroad purchased the house in 1939. The Stoneroads resided there until 1964.
The home was purchased in 1979 by Lubbock Christian University professor Thomas G. Napier.
Previous Lubbock Landmarks