The Fort Worth and Denver South Plains Railway Depot, 1801 Crickets Ave., was built in the Spanish Renaissance Revival style in 1928 for $45,889. Architect Wyatt C. Hedrick of Fort Worth also designed Texas Tech’s administration building.
Completion of the railway to Lubbock in 1928 provided the city, which then had a population of 20,000, with a second major rail connection and an expanded trade area.
The depot was abandoned in 1953, then was adapted for a restaurant in 1976. It now houses the Buddy Holly Center.
Previous Lubbock Landmarks