The Miller-Loter Home, 2323 18th St., was built in 1927 for William J. Miller from Miller’s own design.
Miller, the first dean of engineering at Texas Tech, designed the house with the elements of mission and pueblo styling to be compatible with the buildings on the Tech campus.
Miller sold the house in the early 1930s to his sister and her husband, Charles Bullen, head of the electrical engineering department at Tech.
Mr. and Mrs. Roger Loter purchased the house in 1965.
Previous Lubbock Landmarks