The Arnett House, currently located on the Lubbock Christian University campus, is a bungalow-style house built in 1915 at 1214 Ave. L in downtown Lubbock for Mr. and Mrs. J.L. Higginbotham.
It was the home of Mr. and Mrs. S.C. Arnett Sr. from 1918 to 1956. Arnett was a rancher, banker and civic leader. The home was donated to LCU in 1956 by Dr. S.C. Arnett Jr. and moved to the LCU campus as the school’s first administration building.
After other uses by LCU, the house was moved to its current location and restored by the LCU Associates in 1979.
Previous Lubbock Landmarks